Sunday, December 11, 2011

Spice Rack

One of my Christmas gifts to my daughter is a spice rack. She has embarked on her career and has moved into her first apartment. During a recent conversation she mentioned that she wanted to make a recipe but didn't have any of the spices. This gave me an idea of a Christmas present! After researching all of the available spice racks, I came across a test tube type one that was compact and had 40 spices.Unfortunately  the price was in excess of $150 so I decided to recreate this spice rack. I found a test tube rack on Ebay for $11. I purchased 40 test tubes with stoppers off of Amazon for less than $25. I have a ton of spices so I split my supply and then ordered small amounts off of the website My Spice Sage. This a great site for spices since you can order quantities as little as 1oz. Next I wrapped strips of the "So Delish - Spice Rack" paper from TPC Studios.  The spice signs were cut from the Cricut Freshly Picked cartridge. I labeled each test tube with my Brother label maker.
Drum roll please..............................
I did it all for less than 1/3 the cost of the one they were selling online.
 

 



The total size of this spice rack is 6.5" x 3.5". It's compact yet has a ton of spices! Thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this! My fiance loves to cook. This would be such a great gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea - well thought out, and a perfect gift - you hit the jackpot! I'm sure your daughter will love this for years to come, and think of you whenever she adds spice to her cooking! Well done!

    ReplyDelete